Friday, October 30, 2009

Pattern notes

I'm going to be starting a pattern from the French Chic Baby Knits book I picked up. As I'm completely broke and don't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting the called-for yarns, I sucked it up and swatched the blue fingering-weight cotton from one of the SalvAl frogged sweaters. Gauge on US3 needles is about 7 sts per inch (I say almost because the 7th stitch just barely ooched up on the one inch mark) which puts me about where I need to be, I think.

Pattern as written calls for the front and back to be worked seperately, but I think that's just leaving myself open for a lot of seaming heartache...so here I go, my first attempt at altering a pattern to do it in the round. I'm not sure what the rules are as far as putting the pattern up here in its entirety so I can keep track of the measurements, so I'm just going to put little bullets where they are in the book and notate the changes that way.

*CO126 (63); finish as written
*K 54 (27) and leave on a spare needle, cast off 18 (9), K to end. Cont. on 54 (27) sts now rem on needle for one leg, finish as written

...Not as much math as I was really worried about, so I think I'll be alright if I put markers where the original counts were so I can keep them all straight and can keep myself going on these tiny needles with tiny yarn.

Repeat with me now: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: