Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pantsed

Last night, after a few days of steady knitting, I completed the longies for Garrett. Thrilled at the prospect of having him wear them out tomorrow to show them to Jen, who provided the yarn, I did something that usually takes at least a week of procrastinating and not only grafted the crotch seam, but wove in all the ends as well.
Needless to say, I was feeling like some pretty hot stuff-I mean I did the short rows and everything. After waiting rather impatiently for the kiddo to wake up (it seemed mean to wake a baby just because I'm a nut) I excitedly rushed to try them on, loudly bragging on myself while fighting to get his silly little kicking feet through the leg openings. They looked good, no, great!

Till I picked him up and realized his diaper was hanging out the back...not a good quality in a soaker. The stupid rise isn't high enough, so now I have to try and pick up at the waistband and add another couple inches. It wouldn't bother me as much if it was garter or stockinette, but I'm afraid it's going to screw up my nice stretchy ribbing. I put a post up on the Knitty boards, so hopefully I'll get either reassurance or a different fix-it method.

Sigh.

No comments: