Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Success: A Delayed Report

The pants are a total rockin' success, though it took some reworking and heartache to get them there. The folks on the Knitty boards saved my butt--or should that be Garrett's?--by recommending I cut the pants in half, pick up the stitches on either side, knit in the extra length, then graft the two sides back together. Certainly more time consuming than just picking up stitches...especially when you inadvertently splice into a short row...but despite the hours of extra work (yes, hours. What of it?) it really was worth it. The grafted seam is pretty much invisible, unless you're me and looking really hard for it, and the stretchiness has not been compromised.
They've had quite a bit of wear already, more as pants than soaker-longies since the fabric's not quite dense enough for my liking, and my only minor complaint is the alpaca's lack of memory--the waist band is a bit loose, but I can always weave a ribbon or something through to tie.

In other news, we found the camera! If I have time tomorrow around Mama Dorothy coming over to help me figure out diaper patterns, I'm going to take pictures of all my FO's to post. = ) Yay!

1 comment:

Avrienne said...

Thanks for your comment on my stars wrap!

And yes, let's see some FOs!